NEWS The 2022 Meeting of the EPCS will be held at Universidade do Minho, Braga, Portugal, on April 11-14. The organizer is Francisco Veiga. Webpage of the conference: www.epcs2022.com. Submit your papers by November 30, 2021!
The 2021 Meeting of the EPCS was held virtually at the Université de Lille (France), on April 21 and 22, 2021. The conference was organized by LEM, a research center jointly sponsored by CNRS, IESEG business school and the Université de Lille.
- Organizer: Etienne Farvaque (University of Lille, France)
- Conference website: https://epcs2021lille.sciencesconf.org/
- 220 papers were presented in parallel sessions.
- Plenary sessions by Paola Profeta (Bocconi University) and Martin Rossi (University of San Andres)
- Election of three new Board members: Mariana Lopes da Fonseca, James Rockey and Pilar Sorribas-Navarro.
- Wicksell prize winner: Clemence Tricaud for the paper”Better Alone? Evidence on the Costs of Intermunicipal Cooperation”.
The current health emergency related to COVID-19 forced us to cancel the 2020 Meeting of the EPCS which was supposed to be held in Lucerne, Switzerland, on 15-18 April, 2020. Organizer: Christoph Schaltegger, University of Lucerne, Faculty of Economics and Management. Conference website: https://www.epcs2020.ch/
The 2019 Meeting of the EPCS was held in Jerusalem, Israel, on April 1-4, 2019.
- Organizer: Raphaël Franck (Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel)
- Conference website: http://epcs2019.co.il/
- 247 papers were presented in parallel sessions.
- Plenary sessions by Oded Galor (Brown U) and Mathias Thoenig (HEC Lausanne). Presidential address by Francisco Veiga (U Minho).
- Election of the new EPCS President (Paola Profeta) and of three new Board members (Etienne Farvaque, Jo Thori Lind, Nadia Fiorino).
- Wicksell prize winner: Matthias Quinckhardt (for the paper “The mechanisms of the alignment bias in a mature democracy – Evidence from Germany”)
- E-mail address for queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
The 2018 Meeting of the EPCS was held in Rome, Italy, on April 11-14, 2018.
- Organizer: Gilberto Turati (Catholic University, Rome)
- 256 papers were presented in parallel sessions. Plenary sessions by Tito Boeri (U Bocconi), Sonia Bhalotra (U Essex), and Clemens Fuest (CESifo)
- Election of three new board members (Andreas Fuchs, Massimiliano Piacenza, Zohal Hessami)
- Wicksell prize winner: Quentin Lipmann (for the paper “Is Incumbency a Barrier to Women’s Entry in Politics?”).
Pictures of the 2019 meeting in Jerusalem (by Raphäel Franck) and of the 2018 meeting in Rome (by Massimiliano Piacenza and Amalia Winer).